Howard Beach Vision Care has moved from the Lindenwood Shopping Plaza to Covert Avenue in Floral Park.
Covert Avenue is a quaint shopping district nestled between Floral Park and Stewart Manor. We are midway between Jericho Tpke (Jamaica Ave.) and Hempstead Tpke.
Floral Park is about 10 miles away, just on the other side of Belmont Racetrack. You can get there by either Southern State Parkway or Cross Island Parkway.
Via Southern State Parkway: East to Corona Avenue Exit. Left at light, over parkway and left at light. Right turn onto Meacham Ave. Continue North past Hempstead Tpke where it turns into Covert Ave. Continue past grade school on right and Sewanhaka High School on left. We are about 4 blocks past Sewanhaka on the left (West) side of the street.
Via Cross Island Parkway: North to Jamaica Ave. East. About 1/2 mile to Tulip Ave. (just past KFC on right). Tulip Ave. Through the center of town of Floral Park. About 1 mile to Covert Ave. Make left when Sewanhaka High School is on right. About 4 blocks North on the left side (West) of the street.
We will be renamed as Covert Optical. We hope that you will be able to visit us at our new location.
Our New Location
Our New Store Is Open
Many of you have noticed our storefront in Lindenwood has been empty since the begining of November 2018. We opened up in mid-December in Floral Park on Covert Ave.
We've recently brought in several new lines of frames - Europa, Cote d'Azure, Scott Harris, Michael Ryen, LeGre, and Cafe Boutique. We've also updated the lines we already carried with new styles from Club Level Design, Line Art, and Eddie Bauer.
You can visit our new website here:
The new store looks great! We hope that all that can will come visit us here. For those that can't because it is too far, we thank you for using us in the past, and we wish you well.
We provide these products & services on site:
- Eye Examinations
- Eyeglass Frames
- Eyeglass Lenses
- Lens Tinting
- Specialty Coatings
- Specialty Lens Materials
- High Index Lenses
- Photochromic Lenses
- High Impact Lenses
- Contact Lens Fitting
- Contact Lenses
Prescription Safety Eyewear Meeting ANSI Z87.1 Standard
Safety eyewear is an important piece of safety equipment and is required gear in manufacturing and construction.
Important Reasons To Provide Prescription Safety Eyewear To Your Employees:
- Significant OSHA fines have been imposed on businesses where safety violations found. All you need is one whistleblower or disgruntled employee to get an inspection by OSHA. If you are in compliance, you'll have nothing to worry about.
- Employees are more likely to be compliant when the eyewear is comfortable and in their prescription. Goggles over glasses are uncomfortable and employees frequently and conveniently forget to use them.
- Employees that see well are more accurate, make fewer mistakes, and have fewer accidents. Safety eyewear, properly fit, and in the employees Rx will give them the best vision. Goggles over glasses introduce smudges and reflections which reduce accuracy and safety.
- Job site injuries upset workflow and reduce productivity. You may have to dispatch several people to seek medical attention for a single worksite eye injury.
- Injured workers will need recuperation time, and may need to be replaced. Replacement and training can be a significant burden. And injury claims may affect your disability insurance rating.
Trades That Benefit From A Safety Eyewear Program
Prescription Safety Frames From:
- On Guard
Safety Eyewear Available in:
- Single Vision
- FT28 Bifocals
- FT 7x28 Trifocals
- Progressives (Most popular brands & designs)
- Double Segs (for overhead work)
Lens Treatments & Add-Ons
- Transitions XTra Active
- Transitions Vantage (polarized)
- Private Label Multicoat Anti-Reflective Coating
- Crizal Avance Anti-Reflective Coating
- Basic Scratch Resistant Coating Included
Get Your Business On A Safety Eyewear Program
Large or small, we can tailor a safety eyewear program for your business so that you can enjoy the benefits of better worker vision & eye safety.
If you are large enough, we can travel to your business for fitting & dispensing. If you have wi-fi available, we can do on-site prescription updates. We can provide comprehensive eye examinations in our office.
Call: 718 738-3700
New York DMV Vision Exams For Driver License Renewal
We provide vision tests required for driver license renewal in New York State.
The vision testing takes only a few minutes and is available on a walk in basis. The fee for the test is $15.
We need information off your current license so be sure to bring it along.
If you cannot pass the visual acuity test that NY State requires, you can schedule an appointment with the optometrist to get a prescription and eyeglasses or contact lenses so that you can drive safely.
Instant Eye Exam
For many, coming in for an eye examination during the optometrist's scheduled hours is difficult or inconvenient. For those with limited time in their schedules, we offer Instant Exam using the latest technology from Smart Vision Labs.
The SVOne is a device that scans the eyes using wavefront technology, and transmits the data to a board certified Ophthalmologist for review. In a matter of minutes we know what your prescription is and can proceed with filling it. Eligible patients can use Smart Vision exams to get either eyeglass prescriptions or contact lens prescription renewals.
No Appointment Necessary For A Smart Vision Exam
The Smart Vision Exam Is A Simple & Quick Process
- Answer few simple questions about your eyes and general health history
As you look into the SVOne mobile autorefractor, it will scan your eyes using wavefront technology.
- Several test measurements are made of each eye using the device. There is an audible indication as the measurements are made. The data is then transmitted to Smart Vision Labs where ...
- Your exam data is reviewed by a licensed ophthalmologist. Preliminary results are available to your optician immediately. Your finalized results will be available to your optician and also email you within 24 hours
- You will have access to your glasses or contacts prescription via a secure online login so you won't lose your prescription again.
About The SVOne Wavefront Autorefractor
The SVOne is an FDA Registered Class I Medical Device from Smart Vision Labs. The SVOne digital diagnostic tool is a wavefront autorefractor incorporating the latest advances in technology and the scientific algorithms which produce accurate and instantaneous results. The results are sent electronically to our state-licensed ophthalmologists for review. The power of wavefront aberrometry & Internet communications provide prescriptions for eyeglasses in minutes.
The proprietary technology of the SVOne is a stand alone autorefractor and a telemedicine platform which increases access to vision care by leveraging technology and innovation. Using the SVOne, Over 60,000 vision tests have been performed in 23 countries, through partnership with numerous nonprofits and NGOs, and brought eye-care services to underserved populations here in the US, India, China, South America and Africa.
Using Your Own Frame
Yes, we can put new lenses in your old frame!
Just because you have a change in prescription doesn't mean you have to buy a whole new pair of glasses.
Provided your frame is in good condition, we put new lenses into them.
If your frame is very old, we will advise that you replace it. But if you are very attached to it, and it is usable, we will carefully cut new lenses for it.
An important caveat is that we are cannot be responsible for your frame if it does break. It's unlikely to happen, but sometimes it does. In that case, we will discuss repair options or replacement options. We'll make it as painless as we possibly can.
About Internet bought frames
We can put lenses in those too!
We don't carry every brand and style. Sometimes you find a deal you just can't pass up, or find a vintage frame you just can't get elsewhere.
We'll handle them carefully for you, and adjust them for you too. We'll be very careful with them, but you'll assume responsibility should they break.
We Adjust Anyone's Glasses - Even Ones From Wobbly Barker Or crappyglasses.com
Hey, we get it. You tried buying your glasses online.
(Actually, we don't get it. How would you know if they fit, or what they would look like? How did Wobbly Barker get the right measurements for lens placement?)
But now they hurt you, give you headaches, or fall off. Come in and let us make you more comfortable. No Charge!
Don't suffer. Bring them in to us for a tune up.
Our two opticians each have over 35 years of optical experience. We'll carefully adjust your glasses to make them as comfortable as can be.
And you can look at all we have to offer. Try on a frame or two. See the quality difference & compare prices.