Howard Beach Vision Care has moved from the Lindenwood Shopping Plaza to Covert Avenue in Floral Park.
Covert Avenue is a quaint shopping district nestled between Floral Park and Stewart Manor. We are midway between Jericho Tpke (Jamaica Ave.) and Hempstead Tpke.
Floral Park is about 10 miles away, just on the other side of Belmont Racetrack. You can get there by either Southern State Parkway or Cross Island Parkway.
Via Southern State Parkway: East to Corona Avenue Exit. Left at light, over parkway and left at light. Right turn onto Meacham Ave. Continue North past Hempstead Tpke where it turns into Covert Ave. Continue past grade school on right and Sewanhaka High School on left. We are about 4 blocks past Sewanhaka on the left (West) side of the street.
Via Cross Island Parkway: North to Jamaica Ave. East. About 1/2 mile to Tulip Ave. (just past KFC on right). Tulip Ave. Through the center of town of Floral Park. About 1 mile to Covert Ave. Make left when Sewanhaka High School is on right. About 4 blocks North on the left side (West) of the street.
We will be renamed as Covert Optical. We hope that you will be able to visit us at our new location.
Our New Location
Our New Store Is Open
Many of you have noticed our storefront in Lindenwood has been empty since the begining of November 2018. We opened up in mid-December in Floral Park on Covert Ave.
We've recently brought in several new lines of frames - Europa, Cote d'Azure, Scott Harris, Michael Ryen, LeGre, and Cafe Boutique. We've also updated the lines we already carried with new styles from Club Level Design, Line Art, and Eddie Bauer.
You can visit our new website here:
The new store looks great! We hope that all that can will come visit us here. For those that can't because it is too far, we thank you for using us in the past, and we wish you well.
Prescription Safety Eyewear Meeting ANSI Z87.1 Standard
Safety eyewear is an important piece of safety equipment and is required gear in manufacturing and construction.
Important Reasons To Provide Prescription Safety Eyewear To Your Employees:
- Significant OSHA fines have been imposed on businesses where safety violations found. All you need is one whistleblower or disgruntled employee to get an inspection by OSHA. If you are in compliance, you'll have nothing to worry about.
- Employees are more likely to be compliant when the eyewear is comfortable and in their prescription. Goggles over glasses are uncomfortable and employees frequently and conveniently forget to use them.
- Employees that see well are more accurate, make fewer mistakes, and have fewer accidents. Safety eyewear, properly fit, and in the employees Rx will give them the best vision. Goggles over glasses introduce smudges and reflections which reduce accuracy and safety.
- Job site injuries upset workflow and reduce productivity. You may have to dispatch several people to seek medical attention for a single worksite eye injury.
- Injured workers will need recuperation time, and may need to be replaced. Replacement and training can be a significant burden. And injury claims may affect your disability insurance rating.
Trades That Benefit From A Safety Eyewear Program
Prescription Safety Frames From:
- On Guard
Safety Eyewear Available in:
- Single Vision
- FT28 Bifocals
- FT 7x28 Trifocals
- Progressives (Most popular brands & designs)
- Double Segs (for overhead work)
Lens Treatments & Add-Ons
- Transitions XTra Active
- Transitions Vantage (polarized)
- Private Label Multicoat Anti-Reflective Coating
- Crizal Avance Anti-Reflective Coating
- Basic Scratch Resistant Coating Included
Get Your Business On A Safety Eyewear Program
Large or small, we can tailor a safety eyewear program for your business so that you can enjoy the benefits of better worker vision & eye safety.
If you are large enough, we can travel to your business for fitting & dispensing. If you have wi-fi available, we can do on-site prescription updates. We can provide comprehensive eye examinations in our office.
Call: 718 738-3700